What if I told you you could make delicious dark chocolate truffles out of an avocado!
I sound like a magician, right? Well I’m not, but this recipe is magic. These truffles are a game changer. They add the perfect creamy texture and healthy fats to dessert and you can’t even taste it! Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles packed with healthy fats for a plant-based chocolate treat!
- 1.50 Tbsp, Ground Flaxseed
- 0.12 cup (30g), Almonds, Raw (Costco) grounded
- 2.50 tablespoon, baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 0.25 tsp, Pure Almond Extract
- 34 g, Dark Brown Sugar
- 140 g, Dark Chocolate
- 130.00 g, Avocado (Grams)
- Pit the avocado and mash the flash with fork until completely smooth and lump free.
- melt the chocolate in either the microwave or on the stove, taking care not to burn it. once melted, stir-in the mashed avocado, brown sugar, almond extract, salt, ground almonds, flaxseeds and 1&1/2 tbsp cocoa until truly combined.
- Place the truffle mixture into the fridge for 30 to 40 minutes and let cool until partially set.
- Use a small ice cream scooper or tablespoon to dollop out the truffles and form balls with your hands. Roll in the remaining 1 tbsp of cocoa. Keep refrigerated.
*Despite these unusual ingredients these truffles are to die for, sooooo delicious !!!!!! Feel free to reward yourself.
** Did you know that avocado and flax seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, that lower levels of artery -clogging triglycerides in the blood. Omega-3's have also been shown to improve overall brain health, which may reduce one's risk of developing neuromuscular condition.