Healthy lifestyle doesn't have to be boring. What about some meatless breakfast to start this beautiful day: beetroot burger, cottage cheese, tomato rasberries and eggs. Delicious and loaded with nutrients especially with Potassium.
- 500 grams of fresh beets coarsely grated – about 3 medium
- 185 grams of fresh red onion – chopped – about 1 medium
- 16 grams of fresh garlic chopped – about 2 cloves
- 150 grams of dry Millet rinsed well and then cooked – about 3/4 cup dry.
- 70 grams of sunflower seeds – roasted little – about 1/2 cup (I chopped them little bit in food processor)
- 40 grams of wheat germ – about 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup of oil – I use avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoon of dark soy sauce or A1 steak sauce
- 2 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 Teaspoon of ground coriander – I use to taste only
- 1 Teaspoon of ground ginger – I use to taste only
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper – I use to taste only
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Himalayan salt or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste..
- Cook Millet until all water is absorbed. Use 2:1 ratio (in this recipe use 3/4 dry Millet and 1.5 cups of water). When cooked set aside to cool down.
- Coarsely grate the beets into large mixing bowl. (use gloves to prevent skin coloring)
- Chop onion, garlic and parsley and add to the beets.
- Finally add cooked Millet , wheat germs, sunflower seeds, soy sauce, ground coriander, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to beet mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray or oil, or line with wax paper. I recommend to coat paper with oil too.
- Mix well all ingredients. Use gloves to prevent skin coloring.
- Form mixture into about 8 burgers (150 gram each before baking).
- Arrange burgers on baking sheet and brush or spray tops with olive oil. ( I use avocado oil) Bake at 400F for a total of 50 minutes, gently flipping at the half way mark.